Couscous with Mushrooms and PeasDifficulty: Easy
• 1 Bag 350 g ASIFs couscous (2 cups uncooked couscous)
• 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
• 1 Tbsp (15ml) butter
• 1 garlic clove, sliced
• 6oz. (170g) shiitake, button and cremini mushrooms, sliced
• 3 Tbsp (45ml) white wine or chicken stock
• ½ cup (125ml) peas
• ¼ cup (60ml) mascarpone (optional)
• ¼ cup (60ml) flat leaf parsley
• ¼ cup (60ml) Parmesan cheese (optional)
• Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil wate and cook couscous according to instruction, about 7-9 minutes.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a Deep Fry Pan. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are golden and fragrant, about 5-7 minutes.
- Season lightly and add the white wine or stock, cook for 2 minutes. Add the couscous and cook about 1 minute.
- When the couscous is ready, add it to the mushroom and pea mixture and cook together for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the mascarpone, parsley and Parmesan cheese